Meet Joel Terrill
Joel Terrill is a proud husband and father of two. Joel has been a mortgage banker since 1989. Joel continues to educate himself on the best mortgage options for his clients and is proud to say that 100% of his business is based on referrals.
Whether it's helping his customers purchase a new home or refinance their current mortgage, Joel is always available to help his customers make the right decisions on their mortgage.
Joel is an active member of his church and enjoys volunteering weekly at his sons' school. "It's important to me to set the right example for my boys," he says. "Volunteering and being an active part of their education is very important to me."
Joel has consistently been ranked in the top 1% of mortgage originators across the country, but takes pride in working one on one with every customer.
Our Mortgage Process
Trust the biggest purchase of your life to our experience. Whether you're on your way to getting your first home, your next home, or a better rate on your existing mortgage, we will walk you through every step of the loan process. Now is the perfect time to get in touch with us and get the personal advice and guidance Bell Mortgage is famous for.
Once you've had all your questions answered and you're ready to start the home loan process, this is what you can expect.
1. Complete our online application.
The pre-approval application asks you questions about the home you wish to buy or refinance and your finances. To process your application, we need financial information about you - your current mortgage or rent, your other loans, your income, your assets, etc. As soon as you've finished the application, we review your request and immediately begin to process it.
2. We'll send you an application package and prepare your loan for processing.
Your loan application will include papers to sign and a list of items we'll need to verify the information you provided about your finances during the online application.
Here is a summary of the forms involved:
- Good Faith Estimate of Settlement Costs - This details the loan amount and all related charges and fees.
- Truth in Lending Disclosure - This lets you know what your estimated annual percentage rate of interest (APR) will be and any other program features that apply.
- Borrowers Certification - When you sign this, you authorize that all the information you provided is correct to the best of your knowledge. It also lets us finalize the process by contacting your landlord, employer, mortgage company, etc. and getting your credit report.
Next, we order the appraisal from a licensed appraiser who is familiar with home values in your area to determine its fair market value. The appraiser visits the property and compares its features, floor plan, lot, etc. against other similar properties in the area. (You receive a copy of the appraisal.)
4. We'll contact you to coordinate your closing date.
After we receive your application package, the appraisal and the title work, we contact you to schedule your loan closing. If you are purchasing a home, we also schedule the closing with the real estate agent. The closing takes place at an approved title office in your area. A few days before closing, we contact you to walk through the final information.
5. Apply now.
Start now by applying and you will be on your way to the most convenient home loan ever! That's all there is to it.
Home Financing Calculators
- Should I refinance?
- How much will my fixed rate mortgage payment be?
- How much will my adjustable rate mortgage payments be?
- How much will my payments be for a balloon mortgage?
- Should I rent or buy?
- Which mortgage is better for me?
- How much will I save by increasing my mortgage payment?
- How much mortgage might I qualify for?
- How much home can I afford?
- Should I consolidate my loans?
Where do I begin... After selling my home I was prequalified with a mortgage company who couldn't tell me enough about how great they were and how with my strong credit they could get me closed and in my home within 10 days. Well, almost 25 days later and in jeopardy of losing my soon-to-be-purchased home due to contractual obligations, the mortgage loan officer delivered me the bad news. The underwriters didn't like the way the appraisal was written up and ordered a second emergency appraisal (which eventually was not accepted).
My agent contacted Joel Terrill who called me immediately. Joel took all my information over the phone and with an amazing effort from him, along with Falon Kerby, I am happy to say I am sitting in my new home while writing this review. No words could adequately describe my heartfelt gratitude to this dueling crusader team who just simply got the deal done! Joel has a can do attitude. Both he and Falon kept me updated in the process and after the closing they both called and emailed me to congratulate me and tell me how happy they were for me. Joel and Falon are a team that cannot be beat!
Thank you for making a hard process easy! We really appreciate your help.
Bill & Susie Johnson
When we were looking for the right direction, Joel was there to help us. We really appreciate his honesty and upfront guidance.
Jason & Mary Jaskowski
When we were in the market for a mortgage, Joel made sure that we knew what our options were. He was with us every step of the way! Thanks, Joel!
Jose & Rene Hernandez
Joel, you made the dream of owning a home a reality! We are very grateful for all that you did for our family. Thank you very much!
Jim & Cindi Anderson
I was very nervous buying my first home. Joel went over my options and gave me the direction that I needed. I was able to get a mortgage that was right for my budget. I have referred 3 of my friends to Joel! Thank you, Joel.
There are a lot of myths about financing a new home – and we’re here to dispel them for you! Here are some of the most commonly held “mortgage myths”:
- You need a 20% down payment to purchase a home. False! You may qualify for an FHA mortgage or other special program that can reduce the amount of down payment you need.
- Getting pre-approved costs a lot of money. False! At Bell Mortgage, you can apply for online or in-person pre-approval, and it’s fast and free!
- You should wait until you are ready to buy to find out what mortgage you qualify for. False! You should get pre-approved 6 months before you’re ready to move. That allows you more time to save, repair credit issues or even look for a home.
- All mortgage companies are alike: False! Our Bell Mortgage team brings years of financing experience and the region’s largest mortgage bank to your home loan! That means competitive rates, programs, costs and unequaled personal service.